GROW YOUR VISIBILITY. YOUR NETWORK. AND YOUR BUSINESS.
At ITU Telecom World, we understand that SME success is key to ICT industry growth and socio-economic development throughout the world. That’s why we’re working to help tech SMEs scale up their business activities and global impact – as a key part of our international platform of ICT public and private sector leaders.
Monday 9 September
13:30 – 14:30
SME Workshop 1: Storytelling for startups: creating a pitch that captures media and audience
14:45 – 15:45
Pitching Sessions 1A and 1B: SMEs shortlisted for the Global SME Award pitch their ideas
16:00 – 17:00
Pitching Sessions 2A and 2B: SMEs shortlisted for the Global SME Award pitch their ideas
Tuesday 10 September
10:00 – 11:00
Pitching Sessions 3A and 3B: SMEs shortlisted for the Global SME Award pitch their ideas
11:15 – 12:30
Pitching Sessions 4A and 4B: SMEs shortlisted for the Global SME Award pitch their ideas
14:30 – 15:00
Pitching Sessions 5A and 5B: SMEs shortlisted for the Global SME Award pitch their ideas
16:00 – 17:00
Pitching Sessions 6A and 6B: SMEs shortlisted for the Global SME Award pitch their ideas
Wednesday 11 September
10:00 – 11:30
10:00 – 11:30
SME Workshop 2: Imposter syndrome
14:30 – 16:00
SME Masterclass 1: Impact investing and blended finance
16:15 – 17:00
SME Masterclass 2: Ready to go global? Intellectual Property in the ICT sector
Thursday 12 September
14:00 – 15:30
ITU Telecom World Awards Ceremony
ITU Telecom World Awards
Enter your SME for the Global SME Awards (and the Government Award, if you are on a National Pavilion) recognising innovative ICT-based solutions with real social impact – and gain international visibility, UN recognition, partnership, networking and mentorship opportunities.
Pitching sessions showcase the best small companies competing for the Global SME Award at ITU Telecom World in a fast-paced and dynamic environment on the showfloor. Participating SMEs promote their business to a wide audience of event attendees, including an expert jury of investors, deal-makers and analysts who select the Global SME Award winners.
- Assessment based on business model, innovative use of ICT, scalability and social impact
- Onsite pitching sessions take place on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 September
- Pitching in the form of 5 minute presentation with maximum 10 slides, followed by 10 minutes Q&A
SME masterclasses and workshops
Focus on the business attributes that matter in our expert-led workshops masterclasses providing practical and inspirational guidance on capacity-building, skills, product development, funding and investment. Themes and topics include:
- SME Workshop: Storytelling for startups: creating a pitch that captures media and audience
- SME Workshop: Imposter syndrome: a ten point-plan for banishing your internal doubts about your accomplishments. You are not a fraud! Join tech leaders from IBM and Microsoft to hear about how they overcame their fears of being imposters and turned their biggest fears into their superpowers.
- SME Workshop: Addressing the challenges of access to finance and investment: meeting the common challenges faced by SMEs, especially those owned by women, in accessing finance and investment. ITC SheTrades and ITU will introduce a short presentation followed by an interactive mentoring session.
- SME Masterclass: Impact investing and blended finance: delivering the financing necessary to support SDG-related projects require new innovative approaches. This session explores how impact investing and blended finance can provide a sustainable option for statups and SMEs.
- SME Masterclass: Ready to go global? Intellectual Property in the ICT sector: you must have the right strategy for your intellectual property rights in place before going global, but how can you protect it? Join experts from Eurochambres for facts and practical information on how your business can benefit from the right IPR strategy.
Network with your peers, take part in digital showcasing, meet other exhibitors, set up bilaterals or demos with potential investors, buyers, and partners in the InnovationSpace at the centre of the showfloor. Showcase your SME, innovative project or ICT solution with an independent stand or in a National Pavilion in the event exhibition – and enjoy the benefits of international visibility, targeted networking and investment and partnership options.
Join panel debates and dialogues bringing together leaders from government and industry with SMEs from around the world to explore the impact and opportunities of smart digital transformation.
Networking & matchmaking
Network with our ITU Telecom World audience to unlock partnership potential, make connections and close deals with networking and matchmaking activities running throughout the event, including:
- Structured matchmaking platform for SMEs to connect with relevant buyers and investors
- Informal networking events and social functions such as coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners and happy hour
- Central meeting point in the InnovationSpace on the exhibition floor, providing space for bilaterals and demos
- Powerful online directory of attendees and networking options through the popular event app
Who’s it for?
Our platform provides support, visibility, investment and networking potential to tech SMEs from around the world looking to take their solutions or products to the next level.
- High-growth SMEs with solutions in the market and ready to expand
- ICT-specific products or services; or ICT-dependent business model
- Solutions or products with real social impact
- Focus on enablers such as broadband connectivity, IoT, AI, 5G
- Vertical sectors including smart cities, education, healthcare, finance, entertainment and media
- Valuable international exposure
- Connect to curated audience of buyers and investors
- Access leading academics, coaches and business mentors
- Peer networking in InnovationSpace
- Structured matchmaking activities
- Share best practices, solutions and ideas
- Expert insight and understanding of critical ICT issues
- Gain recognition by entering the ITU Telecom World Awards
- Visibility through onsite showcases and pitching sessions
- Invitation for your SME CEO to network in the LeaderSpace Lounge