All foreign nationals travelling to the Republic of South Africa for ITU Telecom World 2018 are responsible for obtaining their own valid travel documents, such as passports and visas. If a visa is required, participants must first complete their individual registration for an access pass to attend the event.
Nationals of many countries and territories may be exempt from visa requirements.
Click here for details.
- Participants who do require a visitor’s visa should apply as early as possible and at least three weeks before departure. Visas are not issued at South African ports of entry.
- Applications must be submitted in person at the South African mission, embassy or consulate in, or closest to, the country of residence. Before visiting it is highly recommended to call the consular office in advance to check for required documents and make an appointment (if so required). Visa application fees may apply.
- Click here for a list of South African missions, embassies and consulates.
- To assist in obtaining a visa a copy of the Confirmation of Registration email and Invitation Letter, issued by ITU to each individual as soon as they have completed their access pass registration, should be presented along with any other supporting documents that may be required.
- A multiple-entry visa is needed for participants who intend to travel to/from neighbouring countries during the time in which the visa is valid.
Requirements for entering
- A valid and acceptable passport with at least one blank page in the passport for endorsements
- A valid visa, if required
- Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses
- A return or onward ticket
- Yellow fever certificate if the journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.