Durban, South Africa
ITU Telecom World 2018 is the global platform to accelerate ICT innovations for social and economic development through exhibiting solutions, sharing knowledge and making meaningful connections. It brings together senior level decision-makers from public and private sectors from across the entire ICT value chain to discuss and debate policies, strategies, models and markets. It is a powerful international platform to access and connect with the global ICT community and meet your commercial objectives through showcasing, business networking, branding and thought-leadership opportunities.
ITU Telecom Word 2018 is an international platform for influential figures from government and industry to connect with SMEs and digital entrepreneurs in the ICT sector, to explore partnership solutions, investment opportunities, shared ideas and best practices.
The event focuses on innovation in technology, policy and strategy for a smarter world. It is about celebrating digital transformation for economic growth and social good to make the world better, sooner.
ITU Telecom World delegates include:
- Ministers of ICT and any related sector such as finance, health, education, energy
- Regulators of ICT, data and any related sector
- Exhibitors from nations, companies and organizations around the world
- Small and medium businesses (SMEs), tech entrepreneurs and innovators
- Industry CEOs and investors
- Non-governmental organizations
- Academics, consultants and digital thinkers
ITU Telecom World events are the only ICT event to bring together the right mix of global leaders from public and private sectors, emerging and developed markets to exhibit innovative solutions, network at the highest level and discuss and debate the key issues facing the ICT industry. As the leading United Nations Agency for ICTs, only ITU has the power to convene this mix of leaders of government and industry. The World 2018 event will once again facilitate and encourage the right discussions, high-level engagements and strategic debate to generate real action and deliver tangible results.
Many opportunities exist for global and regional visibility including sponsorships, national pavilions with special packages for LDCs & assimilated countries, industry stands including special rates for SME packages, and office/hospitality suites.
Contact us to discuss your company objectives and learn how they can be achieved through the ITU Telecom World 2018 high-level global ICT platform.
Sponsorship is an opportunity to engage with targeted and high-level audiences through thought-leadership, networking activities and visibility in key event zones. Find out more on the full range of sponsorship options, updated regularly in our Sponsorship Brochure and at https://telecomworld.itu.int/take-part-2018/sponsor/ or contact us to discuss your specific event interests, objectives, and any favourite sponsorship you’ve done in the past.
All options include:
- Visibility on the Event website and mobile app
- Access passes (quotas dependent on the ground level rental space contracted)
- Eligibility to apply for the ITU Telecom World Awards
- Marketing Toolkit featuring event logos, brochures, ads, posters, e-banners, press releases, e-invitation to invite your guests, email campaigns and PowerPoint presentations to help maximize your participation before and during the event
- Option to provide a guest blog to be posted on the event’s website and promoted on the event’s social media platforms, ie Twitter and LinkedIn
- Exclusive Ministerial filmed interview
- Media coverage, including access to press conference room
- Event html newsletter coverage
- Access to SME Programme of workshops, matchmaking and capacity building
- Direct access to unique mix of attendees
- Unprecedented global visibility
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your required number of m2 and our sales team will contact you with a space proposal.
You may use the standbuilder of your choice (contact us for a list) or use EXPO SOLUTIONS.
If using EXPO SOLUTIONS, you will not be required to submit stand plans for approval.
How can I order goods and services for my stand (eg furniture, catering, technical services etc)?
The URL and code to access the Online Technical Manual has been sent to focal points of confirmed exhibition participants.
Regulations for ITU and for Durban ICC can be found here:
You may choose the freight handling agent of your choice for forwarding goods to the doors of the venue, but as soon as your freight arrives onsite it may only be handled by the official onsite freight handling agent. Details will be included in the Online Technical Manual available three months prior to the event.
Networking is a fundamental element of ITU Telecom World 2018, where events, spaces and online tools are designed to facilitate networking at the highest level. From the popular and practical Event App to the Networking Lunches and Dinners, from targeted meetings to formal social occasions and informal discussions over coffee, the event is a major opportunity for decision-makers, policy-shapers and innovators from around the world and across the industry to meet and connect.
For full details see this page
Access pass options are available for taking part in both the Forum and the Exhibition, or for visiting the Exhibition only.
Exhibitors, sponsors and invited guests are entitled to a free quota of access passes.
Clients may book accommodation through the travel agency of their choice, or online. You can browse and book hotels here.
Details on visa requirements for ITU Telecom World 2018 are available here.